Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Wedding

On July 7, 2007 John and I said, "I do," with the support of our family and friends in our home town of St. Helena! With the weather reaching over 100 degrees a few days before the wedding we were thankful for the pleasant temperatures and beautiful day for our outdoor reception! Friends and family flew in and traveled up to the valley for the weekend and joined us for the ceremony at Grace Episcopal Church. Johns dad, Richard, officiated for us which was very special and memorable to have him marry us. As the doors opened and all of my bridesmaids walked inside I waited outside the church with my dad and listened for our cue to come in. We waited and waited and then our music started and much to my surprise I heard a trumpet! Thanks to Joan and Richard for arranging to have a special trumpet for this song which I had dreamed about walking down the aisle to meet their son! From that moment on there are many memorable tidbits that remain in my mind, but one in particular that feels set in stone forever! After a few family photos inside the church we exited the church through these large doors and we saw our wedding party standing outside. We started walking and then jogged through them only to see the entire path was lined with all of our wedding guests. The most memorable part of this was that they were all tossing yellow rose petals as we ran down the path to our red truck waiting for us! I have never laughed so hard and loved holding someones hand so much! We were married and leaving together with the eyes of all of our family and friends watching us!

Check out our wedding photos on Snapfish.com!

No comments: